Macramé jewelry was very hot in the 60s and 70s, and now regains its popularity. For example, the macramé bracelets are currently enjoying a increasing popular all over the world. Wanted to get a macramé bracelet to complement your fashion style? It would be a good idea to make a piece by your own hands for a low cost.
Here, I would like to share some of the basics to create a macramé bracelet. Macramé jewelry lovers can follow it to get started.
Supplies You Need
Usually, making macramé jewelry like macramé bracelet doesn’t require a lot of supplies, as well as tools or equipments. Well, cord and beads are needed for making macramé bracelets.
- 12 clear pink crystal glass bead
- 1 green rhinestone bead
- 2 black crystal glass ball beads
- Black hemp cord
Learn Basic Steps
Compared with other jewelry making projects, like making metal jewelry, making macramé jewelry is quite easier. Well, making a macramé bracelet doesn’t require a lot of jewelry making techniques. Learn about some basic skills about knotting, one will be able to finish great piece.
- Cut three pieces of cords with scissors in length of 18 inches, 18 inches, and 34 inches respectively.
- Form a 1/2 inch look by folding the 34 inches cord half and tying a knot on the centre.
- Trough the 18 inches cord in the loop, and pull the both sides of cord to make the knot tightly.
- Place the right cord under the centre cord, and then cover the left cord. You should keep this part of cord loosely.
- Pass the left cord under the centre cord, and then over the right cord. Here, you should pull the cords to have a tight knot.
- Repeat the above steps. But place the left cord first, and then pass the right cord. Then, you will create a square knot.
Adding the Beads:
- Strand the green rhinestone ball bead along the centre cord. And make two square knots on both sides of rhinestone bead.
- Strand the clear pink crystal glass ball bead along the centre cord, and make another square knot.
- Repeat this step until 12 clear pink crystal ball beads have been stranded along the centre cord. Remember 6 beads each side of the rhinestone bead.
Closing the Bracelet:
- Left 5mm length long of cord on both sides, and cut off the excess cord. And get another 18 inches cord prepared.
- Make square knots over the ends of the cord with the 18 inches cord. And determine the length based on your wrist.
- Strand the two black crystal glass beads and tie loop knot on the both ends of the cord